Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reading book change my life

      I borrowed the sixth book Rebecca from Doucette Library on last Friday. I gradually like to read English novel since I can read and understand the third and the forth novel named The Moonstone and Oliver Twist. I said I can understand,  means I can understand  80 % -85%, not 100%.  I want to know every vocabulary, every sentence. But our Dr.S.Douglas told us, just read and read, don't stop. So l try to not use directory, use my wisdom to read or understand every wonderful story.
    I knew my English level very poor and reading rate is very slow, so I was afraid and nervous to read English novel when I just started.  But in my heart I have other sound, please try, please give yourself a chance. So I wrote down the books name that I will read, and made a reading plan for myself. During this time period, we bought many baby's books for my daughter. Oh, my God!  I can't believe my eyes. In baby's books there are some sentences likes " It's sleep time in the forest. The sun is sinking low. The stars will soon peek out above, and fireflies will start to glow." What a beautiful sentence!!! If I can't understand it means how can I say it to my baby!!! So I stick to my plan! I should improve my reading skills quickly, for myself, for my daughter!  
    Now I have new habit - read novel in the bus,train and before our class begins. I write down many new  words and many graceful sentences in my note book. I love these words, want to remember them and how to use them in my writing and speaking . I think I should improve my English skills and it takes a long time , but this road is endless. I'm lucky, because I'm on this road.   





2 comments:

  1. That is so great that you are reading all the time! This is absolutely the best way to learn English, and we have so many great books in the library. Don't forget the the Doucette Library also has children's books too! You can take those out from the library as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with you
    Reading books is very good
    And that good for you
    I would like to read every time

    ReplyDelete