Sunday, November 14, 2010

The view from my window

 I  didn't forget my emotion when I  read this title -the view from my window in our EAP 1,writing class . I looked at the whiteboard many minutes until tears ran down my face.  My memory was back to the time when I arrived in Calgary.   My husband was busy every day, he didn't have much time accompanied with me.  I didn't have any friends in Calgary too. I realized at that moment how lonely I was in the world.  I called my parents every day, my mom told me to wipe tears in my eyes and be a good wife and daughter-in-law. So in those days, l stood in my living room, looked far into the distance and my neighbour's backyard.
     Every morning, I opened my curtain and looked outside. Trees, grass, and houses were covered by snow, the view was a white world.  Some birds(I don't know its names) fell down our apple tree and cherry trees and looked for food.  Many rabbit laid on the grass and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine.  I could see my neighbour who was working in the kitchen, and many figures around her, the figures are very faint.  I guessed maybe they were her daughters.  Every afternoon, the housewife's daughters played in their big backyard, a dog followed them, and the housewife invited her friends to come to her house, and had a very happy conversation.  Girls laughed loudly, jumped up and down delightful, and ran around happily. I could feel their pleasant life.   In the night, I enjoyed steeping  in the quite world. What a beautiful moonlight, bright starts and warm lamp lights.  Time slipped fast.  I stood beside my window I didn't know how many minutes in every day.  My bad temper and sad emotion was hided, I felt relaxed and enjoyed. 
      Sometime l started vision my new life but I didn't know how I start and where my opportunity was. But I knew looking outside and looking at my neighbor could cure my homesick. I knew this idea was very stupid.  I wiped my eyes, decided to pregnant my first my baby and planed to improve my English. 
     Two years ago,  I still remembered those days because I changed my life. Thanks for my beautiful view! 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment